At some point I was asking:
– How many up hills are there, just tell me the truth, if there is another yet to come leave me here to die…
The leaders didn’t tell me the truth. Obviously. After a while I stopped asking:
– I don’t believe there is a Berowra station anymore. It’s a myth. I don’t care I can walk the whole night.
Really, there is a point of exhaustion you reach and go beyond. You can keep going until you die. My head felt light, my legs heavy but I could continue walking for an eternity. I didn’t care anymore if the trail was flat, going up or down, if there were puddles I would splash right in the middle of them, I could se we stumbled a bit here and there not being able to properly get the legs up to walk.
One of the girls joked with me:
– We have deceived you! We brought you here to kill you ! HA HA HA
– Ok, please do it soon and end the pain! I answered in a wail!
That friend that had been previously looking for the dead body had found another idea to chew on:
– What if we could get home and change to a new pair of legs. Rested ones. Some that would not be this painful.
She found an accomplice for the thought:
– Yeah! Then we could have different sets of legs with the proper muscles developed for each activity… like one pair for running…
– One for dancing!
We all joined in:
– One for walking.
– One for rollerblading.
– One to use mini-skirts with, perfect smooth skin over a nice long muscled leg…
We imagined a few more legs…